japanese cookin' 102
a continued introduction to Japanese cuisine
Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Greek - many international culinary styles have been embraced and adopted by home cooks here in the States. What's next?
Many say it's Japanese cuisine, and in this geographic area (close to the campus of a massive Japanese auto maker employing over 15,000 local residents) that trend is making its mark.
In this second session on the subject, Chef Kibby will continue to share his first-hand knowledge and experience as you become even more comfortable cooking authentic Japanese cuisine at home.
what you'll learn
- Hear personal stories from Chef Kibby about his experiences visiting Japan and cooking authentic Japanese cuisine
- See ingredients used in Japanese food that are now readily available at the local supermarket
- Experience how familiar American staples like ground beef, fried vegetables, and fresh strawberries can be prepared with a Japanese twist
what you'll make
Work collaboratively with a team to produce:
- Kushikatsu Pork & Vegetables with Dipping Sauce
- Hambagu (Japanese Meatloaf) with Rice
- Nasu Miso (Braised Eggplant)
- Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi)