cookin' chowder soups
the first of four soup, salad, and sandwich sessions
What's the one thing that practically everyone can do to make their time in the kitchen more productive and less stressful? Two words: knife skills.
When you know how to properly choose and use a knife, you'll work more efficiently, get more done, work safer, and spend less time cookin'. Here's your first step!
what you'll learn
- Discover the various parts that make up a knife and how they contribute to overall comfort, stability, and utility.
- Discuss different shapes and styles of knife and how you can best put them to use in your kitchen;.
- Practice a variety of classical knife cuts, including mince, small dice, and julienne.
what you'll make
Work collaboratively with a team to produce:
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Pork Stir-Fry with Steamed Rice
- Tossed Salad with Ginger Dressing