cookin' with kids - sushi
sticky, gooey, fun, and delicious
My kids love sushi - they love to make it, love to eat it, and no, it does not require raw fish.
Preparing sushi is fun and simple. In fact, with a little training, your kids may be able to do it without your help. Imagine that: your kids... making food... for themselves. Imagine how much more adulting you could get done? Have you signed them up yet?
- Children must be accompanied by an adult to supervise. Adult may bring more than one child; please no more than one adult per participating child.
- NOTE: knives are used in a few of the preparations but not all. Please notify the instructor if you wish your child to not handle sharp objects and/or be prepared to jump in and help when necessary.
what you'll learn
- Discover the art of vinegared rice (or what the Japanese call, sushi) and practice rolling maki-zushi
- Tackle the challenge of forming sweet mochi treats
- Have a sensory good time with sticky rice, sweet bean paste, avocado, and other fun ingredients
what you'll make
Work collaboratively with a team to produce:
- Miso Soup
- Toasted Sesame Green Beans
- California Roll
- Coconut Shrimp Roll
- Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi)